You can use lead magnets to generate new leads for your business or to simply grow your email subscriber list.
People tend to overthink lead magnets and my biggest problem with this is that your intended audience might not even want what you have to offer.
So why spend all of this time to create the lead magnet, graphics, autoresponders, landing pages, advertisements, etc. if your market does not even want this?
What is the fastest way to deliver the best, most easily digestible piece of content, that you can give to you audience?
1. Lead magnet offer is not congruent with your advertisement.
2. Delivering the lead magnet to the wrong audience.
3. Delivering the lead magnet to the right audience but at the wrong stage of the funnel.
4. Not putting a clear call-to-action for the next step that you want the prospect to take.
5. The lead magnet is not congruent with your call-to-action. Do not give away a checklist on how to get firmer thighs if you want to fill up your sports performance classes.
6. No follow-up after. Whether it be an autoresponder, a check-in email, retargeting ads, etc. they need to be followed up with.
“It is not about me, it’s about you.”
Every single morning I want you to repeat this 3x’s before walking into your gym.
Too many people fall in love with their own ideas and fail to act on what their target customer truly wants.
This will dictate the content that you put out, the audience that you target with your advertising, and the platform that you use.
Here are some questions that you should know about your target market INSTANTLY upon reading this.
If you don’t know the answer, then you need to learn more about your customers.
Your brand needs a positioning story.
Marketing is not just catchy headlines or a cool looking logo.
Good marketing is story telling.
From your logo, to the colors on your website, the tagline that you use, the blog posts that you write, to the way you make a sale.
Answer the who, the what, the why, the where, and the when to help you crystallize this.
Who are your brands main characters?
What is your mission?
Why does your business do what it does?
Where do you see your business in the future?
When did your story start, what is the history of it?
If you met the girl/guy of your dreams at a bar, would you go up to them and ask them to marry you right then and there?
You would hopefully strike up a conversation, there would hopefully be a connection, then you would hopefully advance to the next step which would be to ask for their number.
If there is a connection you’ll get their number, if not, hopefully you won’t be creepy and continue to try.
Once you have their number you’ll then text/call and build up more of a relationship until your first date. During your first date if their is a connection maybe you’ll get the opportunity to go on another date.