Posted on April 28, 2015
Do you use email in your business? The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. Source: Federal Trade Commission
Besides worrying about running a digital marketing campaign, running your gym or small business, and providing customer support, here’s another wrench to add to your plate. If you use email to contact your subscribers/members/patrons, then you must be CAN-SPAM compliant to remain legitimate.
Posted on April 23, 2015
What makes for a really good autoresponder? It’s the question that many people simmer over, deciding what is the best content to send to an inquiry or a lead upon a form submission. Let’s examine the perfect autoresponder piece by piece to gain a better understanding.
What is an autoresponder?
An autoresponder is simply an automated email response, used to reply to a form submission. It can take the form of a confirmation email, a welcome email, or you can provide information on a product or service right away. The main idea is to send it automatically without any user intervention, preferably in real-time.
Posted on April 22, 2015
It’s great that you want to start building a list. Collecting inquiries and leads online is a great way to engage potential customers, and provide them with information about your products & services. Here’s how to start building a list…the EASY way.
The WordPress Method
- Install Contact Form 7 ( Installation Guide )
- To save your contacts into your database, you’ll need the Flamingo plugin. Use this plugin if you don’t have an email service provider, or if you want to manage the inquiries you collect on your own.
- Alternatively, you can hook up your form to sync directly with your email service provider using various third party plugins, like Contact Form 7 Newsletter for Constant Contact, Contact Form 7 Mailchimp Extension for Mailcimp, etc. You can search for additional plugins on the WordPress Plugin Directory.
The Optimize Press Method
- Add an Opt-In Box element to your page.
- Use Email Data as the integration type to receive an email when someone signs up. If you’ve integrated your email service provider with Optimize Press, then select it as the integration type to send any sign-ups to your list.
The “Everyone Else” Method
If you’re not using WordPress, or Optimize Press, then you’re probably looking at some minor code changes. The easiest way is to setup a form on Wufoo or Formstack, and then insert it onto your site. If you’re a coder, then more power to you to design and implement your own custom code.
Posted on April 14, 2015
Now that Facebook is no longer allowing you to directly link to your LeadPage it is important to know how to work around this. Luckily there are two quick and easy alternatives. The first thing you can do, if you are running wordpress, is to install the LeadPages plugin and publish the pages in wordpress. The other alternative is to download the LeadPage HTML file and upload them to your server.
Installing LEADPAGES WORDPRESS PLUGIN
First you need to visit the LeadPages Tab:
Look below and you should see a list of your pages. Select the EDIT drop down and Share Page Configuration
Posted on April 14, 2015
Consumer’s lives are moving at 1,000 miles/second and if your gym is only marketing at 999 miles/second, you’re moving too slowly.
But how do you keep up with all the moving parts?
The answer is in a shift.
A shift in how you market to your current gym customers.
You may be thinking that you’ve achieved your goal of converting them from prospect to lead to customer.
But I’ll argue against that.
If your funnel is focused solely on transactions vs. maximizing your customer lifetime value (CLV) then you’re doing your business a disservice and wasting a ton of money on marketing.